- GlassFish 3.1.2 (GlassFish 4 is NOT supported at this time)
- 4GB of RAM
- 1 CPU
- JDK – refer to 3.1.2 Certification Matrix
If FlexDeploy is being installed for first time, setup GlassFish server and Data Source as explained in following steps.
./glassfish-126.96.36.199-unix.sh -j $JAVA_HOME
- Follow the install dialog to complete the base GlassFish install
- When prompted, recommend setting DOMAIN NAME to fddomain
Install ADF Essentials
- Download the ADF Essentials 12.1.3 from this link - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/downloads/index.html
- Unzip the file to a temporary location: unzip -j adf-essentials.zip -d /oracle/adf
- Copy all of the files from /oracle/adf to the
- From the extracted zip directory, navigate to the GlassFish directory and locate these directories:
- Copy the files (do not copy the lib folder itself) in the lib directory to
- Copy the files (do not copy the modules folder itself) in modules directory to
Configure GlassFish Server
- Start glassfish:
- Set GLASSFISH_HOME to the install location of glassfish
- Set DOMAIN_NAME to the name of your domain (like fddomain)
- Login into GlassFish Administration Console (http://hostname:4848)
- Create Data Source
- Go to Resources – JDBC - JDBC Connection Pools
- Set following values, then next
- Pool Name: FlexDBDSPool
- Resource Type: javax.sql.DataSource
- Database Driver Vendor: Oracle
- Scroll down to properties
- Set the following values, then Save
- Name: URL Value: <jdbc URL for database>
- Name: user Value: fd_admin
- Name: password Value: <password for fd_admin>
- Go to General tab and then Save
- Go to Resources – JDBC - JDBC Resources
- Set following values, then Save
- JNDI Name: jdbc/flexdbDS
- Pool Name: FlexDBDSPool
- Add the following options JVM arguments on the server (click on Configurations, server-config, JVM Settings, JVM Options)
- Setup Logger Configurations.
- From the extracted zip directory, navigate to the GlassFish directory and locate this file:
- Copy the FDGlassFishLogFormatter.jar to the lib sub-directory of the domain.
From the extracted directory, navigate to the GlassFish directory. The ear will be located in this directory.
Install the EAR:
If FlexDeploy_GlassFish_[version] is already installed.
- Login into GlassFish Administration Console
- Click on Applications.
- Select the FlexDeploy_GlassFish_[version].
- Click on Undeploy and click on OK.
- Click on Applications and then click Deploy.
- Click on Choose File.
- Find your downloaded EAR file and select it.
Recycle the GlassFish server.
- Click OK, EAR will be installed.
- Go to server (Admin Server).
- Click Restart and OK.