Here are details of what you need to prepare for EBS Configuration Deployments POC or Implementation with FlexDeploy. EBS Supported objects reference can be found at Supported EBS Object Types.
Explain various EBS environment and their purpose to FlexDeploy team if working together on POC or implementation. This can be discussed during first meeting.
Source Control Details
Here is the recommended structure in repository - Source Control Folder Structure. Be ready to share source control folder structure with FlexDeploy team if working together on POC or implementation. Subversion, Git, Microsoft TFVC, Perforce, CVS, PVCS etc. are supported out of box.
- Gather details of source code repository setup with EBS Objects. Such details will be different based on type of source code repository but generally
- URL for source code repository
- User / Password for source control system. You can setup generic user for this purpose. User should have read and write access to source control repository.
- Path inside repository for specific custom top objects.
- Make sure FlexDeploy server has connectivity to Source Control system. You can use ping command to make sure that you can connect to source control system host.
- You should have necessary client to interact with source code repository, so that you can modify files if necessary. This depends on type of source code repository being used.
- If you are using Git, make sure that Git 1.7.9 or higher is installed on FlexDeploy server. Git is not needed on EBS Development server as mostly we use Partial Deployment and file export happens on FlexDeploy server in that model.
EBS Environment Details
Following details are needed for each EBS installation that would be part of POC or Implementation. For example, Dev, Test, UAT, Production etc.
If using clustered environment, please check if shared file system is used or not across all application tier nodes. If shared file system is not being used, then deploy workflow will need some adjustments.
Preparations (for each EBS installation)
- Password for apps user.
- Application tier node details
- host name or IP address
- Path of EBS Source script. see Deploy EBS for more details. This would be environment script on application tier nodes. (for example, /u1/apps/apps_st/appl/APPSorcl_ebs01.env)
- User Id and Password for UNIX user that is used to copy files on application tier nodes. This is generally applmgr or something similar to that. Alternatively, we can use SSH Key based communication as well if password is not known or not desired.
- Make sure FlexDeploy server has connectivity to application tier node. You can use ping command to validate this.
- Java Home. For example, /u01/install/APPS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/. There should java executable in bin sub-folder. We can use same Java as used by EBS processes.
- Temporary directory for FlexDeploy. We can use default /var/flexdeploy as well.
- We need details for only one application tier node if shared file system is used, otherwise each application tier node details will be needed.
Active Directory or LDAP Integration
This is optional integration. See Realms for more details. You will need read only system user for setup along with details of user and group locations.
This is optional integration. You will need read only user to access ServiceNow from FlexDeploy. As part of setup, we will enter user and password for ServiceNow in FlexDeploy instance.