WildFly plugin provides WAR deployment and other supporting administrative operations.
WildFly server runs in two modes
- In Standalone mode, WildFly runs on single server on a single physical host.
- The server acts as a standalone instance which has both admin and managed server capabilities.
In Domain Mode, WildFly can be controlled from a single point of control, running across machines(hosts). This single point of control is called Domain controller
- In this Mode:
- Each host will have one host controller and one or many severs on it.
- One of the host controller's is defined as Domain Controller to manage all hosts
- We can form Server Groups, which is a logical grouping of servers across multiple hosts
- Server Groups provide the ability to perform deployment, undeployment on multiple servers at same time.
- WAR deployments
- Application/Server start and stop operations
- Supports multi-server installations