The FlexDeploy TFVC plugin makes it easy to interact with source code stored in Microsoft Team Foundation Version Control SCM. There is no need to install TFS or a TFVC client. The plugin uses a Java based API to interact with Team Foundation Version Control. FlexDeploy allows users to configure TFVC repository connection details to be shared by various projects and other configurations at the project level. This allows for easy
label operations during a build workflow execution.
- Create SCM Instance for TFVC and define the URL, User and Password information. You can also validate the connection when creating an SCM Instance for TFVC.
- At the project level, the user will select TFVC as theSCM Type and provide details like Get Folder, Branch, Label etc. which are defined as Groovy scripts.
- No installation necessary
- Executes commands using embedded Java API.
FlexDeploy supports creation of SCM instances and the following properties must be configured for each TFVC Instance. These properties are available to all operations.
|Property Name||Property Code||Required||Description|
|Yes||Team Foundation Server collection URL.|
|Yes||The user name for connecting to TFS/TFVC. User name does not need to be domain qualified.|
|The password for the |
If you are connecting to a Visual Studio Online repository, you will be required to use a personal access token instead of a password to connect your account to FlexDeploy. To create a personal access token, follow these simple steps.
- Sign into your visual studio online account by going to https://[your-account-name].visualstudio.com.
- Click on your profile in the upper right corner.
- From that menu, choose 'Security', and the first page you see should be called 'Personal access tokens'.
- Click add to create a new token.
- Give your token a name and choose the account(s) that should be accessed using that token.
- Copy the token displayed on the page, and paste it in place of the password when creating a TFVC instance in FlexDeploy.