A plugin for managing APIs and other components in Oracle API Platform.
- Automated provisioning of gateways and gateway nodes
- Update your API state as you deploy across gateways
- Apply API grants as you import new and existing APIs
- Easily roll back changes or build from previous API iterations
- Ensure you have the same iteration of your API deploying across gateways
FlexDeploy Project Recommendations
|API Component||Build Workflow||Deploy Workflow||Project Setup||General Notes|
ImportAPI (using smart import)
DeployAPI(use the output iteration from the import step)
One project per API.
- Group in a release along with whatever back end code is needed.
- Recommend saving the API iterations as workflow outputs for visibility.
- Use a groovy expression to update the API status on Deployment based on the FD_ENVIRONMENT_CODE
|Gateway/Nodes||Export gateway and node json files|
Nothing real specific here. One project that manages
all the gateways/nodes should suffice.
- Json configuration files for the nodes and gateways should utilize FD variables for environment specifics
- Default behavior for installNode joins it to an existing logical server (this can be overridden).
Permissions and Security
It is suggested that the user account configured on the API Platform cloud account have the 'Manage' grant on all API platform objects. This is not necessarily required depending upon the functionality that will be utilized.
Generally speaking there is probably a user group that already has the Manage grants, ManageAPIGrant, ManagePlanGrant etc on the API platform objects. Configuring the account for a user already in this group should be sufficient.
Cloud Account and where to find the properties
All plugin operations require the FDOAP_CLOUD_ACCOUNT_CODE environment instance property to be set. See Configuring Cloud Accounts for more info. The following properties are required for the Oracle API Platform Cloud Account
|Property Name||Property Code||Required||Description|
|Oracle API Platform Url||FDOAP_API_URL||Y||Base Url for the API Platform|
|Oracle Identity Url||FDOAP_IDENTITY_URL||Y||Base Url for Oracle Identity|
|Oracle API Username||FDOAP_USERNAME||Y||Username for authentication|
|Oracle API Password||FDOAP_PASSWORD||Y||Password for authentication|
|Oracle API Audience||FDOAP_AUDIENCE||Y||Primary Audience for the API Platform|
|Oracle API Scope||FDOAP_SCOPE||Y||Scope for making API calls|
|Oracle API Client Id||FDOAP_CLIENT_ID||Y||Client Id for the API Platform Application|
|Oracle API Client Secret||FDOAP_CLIENT_SECRET||Y||Client Secret for the API Platform Application|
From the MyServices dashboard.. click 'Users' and then 'Identity Console'