Builds a Salesforce artifact to be deployed to Salesforce Organizations or sandboxes.
Supports Full or Partial Deploy projects. Local developer files like jsconfig.json and .eslintrc.json are automatically excluded from the artifact generated.
In Full Deployment mode, it supports:
- Building an existing Salesforce zip file from the
FD_TEMP_DIR (by copying it to the artifacts folder)
- Building an existing directory structure with a package.xml in it.
- In this mode, all object types that are supported by the Salesforce API are supported by FlexDeploy.
In Partial Deployment mode, it supports:
- Building a package structure from files checked out of SCM when no package.xml is present. It is automatically created from the items selected for deployment.
- Building a package structure from files stored in a Salesforce Organization or Sandbox.
- Building a package structure with a mixture of SCM and Salesforce sourced files. The package.xml file is generated automatically to upload the correct information to Salesforce.
- In this mode, see the Supported Salesforce Metadata Types list for information on what types of objects are supported.
Salesforce Account Code
|Salesforce Account with all the required properties like User, Password, Client Id, etc.|
|Salesforce HTTPS protocol|
|No||The HTTPS protocol to use to secure the connection. Defaults to TLSv1.2.|
|Salesforce API Version|
The Salesforce API version to target.
This Default will likely change with each FlexDeploy server and Saleforce plugin release in the future.
The maximum supported version of Salesforce API that is supported is linked to the version of FlexDeploy currently running.
Cloud Account Properties
Granular Salesforce Object Types
Salesforce Object Types to be used with granular support. Values are separated by commas. As of now the supported object for this is Custom Labels.
Each custom label will be a separate file when pull from Salesforce and stored as an individual file in the SCM (GIT repository). During the build, the individual files will be merged and will generate a new file with all the custom labels.
|Generate Package XML|
Determine if package.xml is to be generated in Full Build operation. Ignored in Partial Deployment projects
Default value is true
This operation produces artifacts that will be stored in the artifacts repository.
This operation will select all available endpoints associated to the Environment/Instance.
This operation will execute on any one of the selected endpoints and will be random in the determination of which one.
Currently, when using Partial Deploy, some objects show up as two separate files in the file listing screen. If building from SCM, users must select both of them for the deployment to succeed. If building from Salesforce, or using the Full Deployment model, this is unnecessary.