WildFly plugin provides WAR deployment and other supporting administrative operations.
WildFly server runs in two modes
The endpoints which these operations execute on must be configured with the JDK version which is required by WildFly.
- In Standalone mode, WildFly runs on single server on a single physical host.
- The server acts as a standalone instance which has both admin and managed server capabilities.
In Domain Mode, WildFly can be controlled from a single point of control, running across machines(hosts). This single point of control is called Domain controller
- In this Mode:
- Each host will have one host controller and one or many severs on it.
- One of the host controller's is defined as Domain Controller to manage all hosts
- We can form Server Groups, which is a logical grouping of servers across multiple hosts
- Server Groups provide the ability to perform deployment, undeployment on multiple servers at same time.
- WAR deployments
- Application/Server start and stop operations
- Supports multi-server installations