The FlexDeploy Git plugin makes it easy to interact with source code stored in a Git repository. This plugin requires a Git client to be stored on the FlexDeploy server and any endpoints which will execute Git plugin operations. FlexDeploy allows users to configure Git repository connection details to be shared by various projects and other configurations at a project level. This allows workflows to perform clone and tag operations within a workflow.
- Create SCM Instance for Git and define URL, User and Password information. You can also validate connection when creating SCM Instance for Git.
- At project level, select Git as SCM Type and provide details like Branch, Sparse Folders, Tag etc. which are defined as Groovy scripts.
- Executes native commands using Git client
- Supports partial and shallow checkouts from Git Repository
The URL to the remote GIT repository.
The username to the remote GIT repository.
The password for
The GIT executable folder.
Note: If the Git executable is on the
PATH, then there is no need to setup this property, otherwise, this needs to be configured on the Environment Instances screen for the workflow instance (different from the 3 above, which are on the SCM Instances screen).
Git Installation Steps
Run these steps as root. You can download newer version as well than 2.7.1.
- yes | yum install curl-devel expat-devel gettext-devel openssl-devel zlib-devel
- yes | yum install gcc perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
- cd $HOME
- wget https://github.com/git/git/archive/v2.7.1.tar.gz
- tar -xvzf v2.7.1.tar.gz
- cd git-2.7.1/
- make prefix=/usr/local all
- make prefix=/usr/local install
On some other instances including some Oracle Cloud instances, it may be necessary to either change lines 7+8 by removing the /local or by adding symlinks in /usr. The git executable must be on the path without running the .bash_profile or any other scripts because FlexDeploy won't run those scripts when SSHing to the endpoint.