BI publisher reporting product from Oracle that provides the ability to create and manage highly formatted reports from a wide range of data sources.
- You can source files from SCM or Development environment. It is always recommended to source files from SCM systems for obvious reasons of traceability.
- Sourcing files from SCM
- Commit files to SCM configured for your Project.
- You must put the file in folder configured in EBS Publisher Root Source Directory on project properties. For example, publisher. This folder will be under project configuration source root folder.
- Then perform Populate from xxx, then make sure to verify or configure LOB Type, App Short Name, LOB Code, Territory and Language on each newly discovered publisher files then click Evaluate. Click Save.
- For example, you can commit /publisher/XXHR_A.rtf to SCM and XXHR_A will be LOB Code.
- Sourcing files from development environment
- Go to Files tab - select Publisher files, then click Create and provide file name (For example, LOB Code.extension), evaluate and the configure LOB Type, App Short Name, LOB Code, Territory and Language and click Evaluate again. Click Save.
- For example, you can start with /publisher/XXHR_A.rtf and XXHR_A will be LOB Code.
See Considerations below for configuration Publisher files as they require manual entry and evaluate for some attributes.
Object Type Identification
- Files with extensions .pdf, .rtf, .xsd, .xlf are included regardless of location, Or
- Files with extensions .xml, .xls, .xsl, .pdf, .rtf, .xsd that are in the publisher folder
EBS Publisher Root Source Directory on Project Properties tab defaults to publisher, but you can update if you are keeping Publisher Files in different folder.
|.rtf||XML Publisher (XDO) translatable templates and non-translatable RTF templates.|
|.pdf||XML Publisher (XDO) PDF templates.|
|.xsd||XML Publisher (XDO) non-translatable XML Schema.|
Object Type Attributes
|Name||Code||Description||Default Value||Supported Values|
|Source||SOURCE||Object Source Location Type|
SCM (**populating from SCM)
EBS (**manual creation)
|SCM | EBS|
App Short Name
|APP_SHORT_NAME||Application Short Name||Defaults to EBS Module Application Short Name property.|
|LOB Code||LOB_CODE||XDO LOB code. Enter either the Template Code |
or the Data Definition Code.
<file name> (**without path/extension)
|XDO File Type||XDO_FILE_TYPE||XDO File type|
|LOB Type||LOB_TYPE||XDO LOB type|
|BURSTING_FILE | DATA_TEMPLATE | TEMPLATE | TEMPLATE_SOURCE | XML_SCHEMA | XML_SAMPLE|
|Target Location||TARGET_LOCATION||Path to where the file should be deployed to.|
Default can be changed using EBS Publisher Root Destination Directory property.
|Territory Code||TERRITORY||ISO two-letter territory code. If no territory code, provide 00 to ignore the value.||US|
|Language||LANGUAGE||ISO two-letter language code.||en|
To override Oracle’s upload algorithm and update the custom AOL data regardless - use CUSTOM_MODE= FORCE.
Default can be changed using EBS Publisher Default Custom Mode property.
|NOFORCE | FORCE|
|NLS Lang||NLS_LANG||NLS_LANG environment variable||$NLS_LANG|
|Target File Permissions||FILE_PERMISSIONS||Permissions to apply to the file after it is deployed||Defaults to the project property FDEBS_FILE_PERMISSIONS|
|Publisher Root Source Directory||FDEBS_PUBLISHER_ROOT_SOURCE_DIR||Source folder for publisher files (e.g. xmlpub).||publisher|
Publisher Root Destination Directory
|FDEBS_PUBLISHER_ROOT_DESTINATION_DIR||Target directory for Publisher files (e.g. $XXHR_TOP/publisher).||$<PROD_TOP>/patch/115/publisher|
|Publisher Default Custom Mode||FDEBS_PUBLISHER_CUSTOM_MODE|
When populating or evaluating files deployed with XDOLoader, set the CUSTOM_MODE of publisher files to this.
|File Permissions||FDEBS_FILE_PERMISSIONS||Target File Permission. Will be set to target file after deployment using chmod. eg: 755|
Sample Build Commands
java oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.XDOLoader DOWNLOAD -DB_USERNAME $FDEBS_DB_USER -DB_PASSWORD "$FDEBS_DB_PASSWORD" -JDBC_CONNECTION "$AD_APPS_JDBC_URL" -LOB_TYPE TEMPLATE -APPS_SHORT_NAME XXHR -LOB_CODE XXHR_BIP_ROSTER -LANGUAGE en -TERRITORY US -NLS_LANG $NLS_LANG -XDO_FILE_TYPE XLS
mv `ls "TEMPLATE_XXHR_XXHR_BIP_ROSTER_en_US."* | grep -i "TEMPLATE_XXHR_XXHR_BIP_ROSTER_en_US.xls"` ./publisher/XXHR_BIP_ROSTER.xls
Sample Deploy Commands
cp "$SOURCE_FILE" "$XXHR_TOP/patch/115/publisher/templates/";
java oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.XDOLoader UPLOAD -DB_USERNAME $FDEBS_DB_USER -DB_PASSWORD "$FDEBS_DB_PASSWORD" -JDBC_CONNECTION "$AD_APPS_JDBC_URL" -LOB_TYPE TEMPLATE -APPS_SHORT_NAME XXHR -LOB_CODE XXHR_BIP_ROSTER -LANGUAGE en -TERRITORY US -NLS_LANG $NLS_LANG -XDO_FILE_TYPE XLS -FILE_NAME "$XXHR_TOP/patch/115/publisher/templates/XXHR_BIP_ROSTER.xls" -CUSTOM_MODE FORCE
- When populating XML files from SCM, LOB Type is defaulted based file extension and file data. When sourcing files files from EBS, LOB Type is defaulted based on file extension. In either case be sure to make sure that LOB Type is appropriate. For example,
- .pdf, .rtf, .xls, .xsl, .xlf files are TEMPLATE
- .xsd and .dtd files are XML_SCHEMA
- You must make sure that values for App Short Name, LOB Code, Territory and Language are correct when sourcing from SCM or EBS. Once you edit the values, make sure to click Evaluate to reevaluate commands and Save your changes after evaluate.
If necessary, you can find values for App Short Name, LOB Code, Territory and Language using following query.
- Data Definition and Template not showing up in target after deployment
- Make sure to deploy AOL of type XDO_DS_DEFINITIONS with Name set to LOB Code used for Data Definition and Template.
- See Automating Oracle EBS XML Publisher Reports Migration with FlexDeploy for reference.
- Once again ensure the LOB Code of the XML file and Name of the AOL of type XDO_DS_DEFINITIONS both match the LOB Code of the report template, as this is what ties them together. Failure to do so will result in the attachments not appearing under the data definition in EBS.