Creating Packages (Build)
You have multiple options to create a build package. From the Files tab, you can select the files you would like to include in a package and click the Build with Selected button. The number of selected files are displayed on the button.
The Build Request Form will be displayed with the selected files.
- Select the Environment to execute the Build on.
- Select the SCM Stream you want the files to be pulled from.
- Enter the Package Name (optional – will default to generated project version).
- Optionally change the order by selecting and using the Up and Down buttons. The files will be built and deployed in the order displayed.
- Optionally select an SCM Revision for the file. If not specified, defaults to the latest (HEAD) revision within the selected stream.
- Click on Submit Request to submit the build request.
Click on the light-green Execution tab to see the submitted request. You can click on the Execution Id to view its details.
Once completed the status will change to Success or Failure.
Creating Package from Execution tab
Two Build options available for partial project types on Project Execution tab.
- Build All Files
- Build Selected Files.
Build All Files option will display the Build request form same as standard project's Build request form. Once submitted, it will perform Populate from SCM operation and adds all new files populated from SCM and all existing files and creates package. The package name is same as Project Version. Build All Files option will be disabled, if you don't have permission to Populate from SCM for the project as it auto populates the files.
Build Selected Files option will display Build request form and gives option to select one or more files.
Other options to build packages:
- Click on the "gear" icon next to the Project Version on the above screen to build a new package with the same files as a previous build.
On the Execution tab, click on the Deploy button to select one or more packages to deploy to an environment.
- Select an Environment to deploy the package(s) to.
- By default, the latest built package will be added for deploy. You can choose other packages to deploy by clicking Select More Packages.
- You can change the deploy order by setting Priority. Packages with lower priority will be executed first, with others held in queue. Packages with equal priority will be deployed in parallel.
- Click on Submit Request button to submit the deployment.
You can click on the Execution Id to drill into the step details of the workflow or view the logs, which is critical in the case of failures.
You can click on the Files tab to view the list of files deployed. Information, including status, is displayed for every file in the package.