This page provides the system requirements and installation instructions for the FlexDeploy application tier
Create Folders for FlexDeploy Server
You can create separate mounts as per suggested size requirements below. Both folders must be owned writable by user that will be used to run FlexDeploy server process.
FlexDeploy Working Directory
FlexDeploy uses a working directory for temporary files to be transferred between the server and its endpoints. This directory needs to have at least 4GB of space available on the FlexDeploy Server.
This directory will be specified on command line as -Dflexagon.fd.install.root.
- As this file system contains only temporary files, there is no reason to backup this directory.
- Availability of space within the server working directory is critical to functioning of the FlexDeploy platform. Therefore, the filesystem should be monitored and space should be allocated as necessary. In addition, it is recommended that this be a separate mount point.
- Files in this directory which are older than one day will be purged automatically to help effectively manage the size.
FlexDeploy Artifact Repository
The FlexDeploy artifact repository is a directory available on the FlexDeploy server where all build artifacts are stored, and later retrieved for the deployments. This directory needs to have at least 10GB of space available on the FlexDeploy Server.
This directory will be specified on command line as -Dflexagon.fd.repository.root.
- Due to the importance of the artifact repository, this file system should be backed up regularly.
- Availability of space within the Artifact Repository is critical to the creation of new build versions. It is highly recommended to have a file system size monitor in place for this directory, and size should be adjusted based on the number of builds created, and the size of the artifacts produced. In addition, it is recommended that this be a separate mount point.
Supported Application Servers
FlexDeploy is a Java web-based application which runs on the following application servers:
- WebLogic 12.1.3 (license is not included with your FlexDeploy subscription)
- Tomcat 8
See FlexDeploy installation instructions for the target application server platform.
FlexDeploy provides out of the box integration with the following Source Control Management Systems
- Microsoft TFS
IBM ClearCase UCM
The Git executable must be installed on the FlexDeploy server and it must be accessible in its PATH. The Git executable version must be 1.7.9 or higher.
IBM ClearCase Requirement
For IBM ClearCase, you must copy libraries from your ClearCase server into the the application server lib folder. Detailed instructions can be found under the sections for the specific target application server platform.