- Install FlexDeploy application on two separate Physical Server or Virtual Machines.
- Install two separate WebLogic Domain to two distinct Managed Servers in single WebLogic domain.
- Deploy FlexDeploy application to both Domains or Managed Servers.
- Install two separate Tomcat as per Installation instructions.
- Both installation will have configuration for JDBC connection to RAC database.
- Setup RAC Database cluster for FlexDeploy.
- Make sure to use JDBC connect string for RAC cluster nodes when defining Data Source definitions.
- Use Shared File System for Artifact Repository directory. There is no need to setup Working directory on Shared File System.
- Configure Load Balancer to route all FlexDeploy users to Active Application Server. You can automate the process of fail over to Passive node if necessary.
- Make sure that only one of the Application Server process is running. This is absolutely necessary even when Load Balancer is routing traffic to only one of the server.
- This can be achieved by leaving out some configuration details on the Passive node. For example, you can omit Data Source configuration on Passive node, so that it does not start processing request if it is started by mistake.